Updated: Mar 2
Being able to communicate and convey your thoughts is an important skill to have at
school and in the workplace. Good communication skills help create a sense of
community and understanding. Developing these skills while students are still in school
will help prepare them before they enter the workforce.
The Speaking Spotlight program offers 4 entertaining sessions focused on improving
the oral communication skills of students. This is a friendly, welcoming, and supportive
environment where students can come together to become effective communicators,
build leadership skills, and network.
This program is a semester-long and students will be able to meet monthly. Each month,
a new topic will be discussed. The program is free to all BVC learners.
The sessions will run at the following times:
· SESSION 1: January 25, 11:00 – 1:00, SABVC office (done!)
· Follow-up session: February 8, 12:30 – 1:30, Room S-3023 (done!)
· SESSION 2: February 15, 11:00 – 1:00, Room S-3023 (done!)
· Follow-up session: March 1, 12:30 – 1:30, Room S-2040 (done!)
· SESSION 3: March 15, 11:00 – 1:00, Room S-2040
· Follow-up session: March 29, 12:30 – 1:30, Room S-2040
· SESSION 4: April 5, 11:00 – 1:00, Room S-2040
**Please note that the follow up sessions are optional**
A gift will be given to a lucky winner at the end of the session in April. Students who attend the sessions will also be eligible to receive a certificate of participation.
We encourage students to sign up for the program (click here) to be able to receive all communications, but drop-ins are welcome!